Careers Programme provides outstanding undergraduates from under-represented backgrounds the opportunity to gain first year insights, summer internships and graduate roles at some of the leading UK firms.
SEO London – London 20 Sep 2020
- Job Title: Programme Manager
- Role Type: Full-time
- Team: SEO Careers (we are considering applicants within Banking or Corporates-covering Consulting/Technology/Engineering)
- Location: London
- Reports to: Head of Careers
- Hours: Full time
- Salary: Highly Competitive for charity sector and commensurate with experience
About SEO London
Sponsors for Educational Opportunity London (SEO London) is an alumni driven charity that provides access, training and mentoring for outstanding candidates from under-represented communities in leading industries and corporations.
SEO London’s Careers Programme
The SEO London Careers Programme provides outstanding undergraduates from under-represented backgrounds the opportunity to gain first year insights, summer internships and graduate roles at some of the leading UK firms. SEO also provides students with extensive training, mentoring and networking opportunities, linking students not only to the firms they work with, but to opportunities and experienced professionals throughout the industry. By doing so, SEO London equally serves the diversity recruitment policies of its sponsor firms, as well as training a future generation of business and community leaders.
The Careers Programme Manager will build, establish and maintain good and professional working relationships with:
- SEO London CEO, Head of Careers, Careers Programme Managers and staff across other SEO platforms to ensure effective collaboration across the organisation.
- Partner industry sponsor firms.
- SEO candidates and university students.
- SEO alumni.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Programme Manager will work with the Careers Programme Director, SEO London CEO and other staff. He / she will assist or lead in the following duties:
- Provide leadership and manage a team of 2-3 people to ensure programme delivers on objectives.
- Organise and execute the pre-summer training and mentoring of students who achieve placement opportunities with sponsor firms.
- Support the summer internship programme including intern progress and performance.
- Organise and conduct the recruitment, assessment and selection of candidates for sponsor firm internships and graduate roles.
- Oversee and provide guidance to SEO Career programmes (includes recruitment strategy and programme design).
- Design and finalise training programme for year round training sessions.
- Provide coaching sessions and training for SEO Candidates.
- Manage bank relationships at the HR and Line Management levels.
- Identify programme business development opportunities.
- Manage SEO alumni relations to ensure mentoring and training provision for current SEO Candidates
- Support SEO’s IT strategy including the website re-design, online application system and database implementation
- Develop programme budget and cash flow analysis
- Conduct analysis of SEO’s class and market
Knowledge and skills
The ideal candidate will have a significant number of the following skills:
- Significant experience (min. 2-3 years) in industry
- Strong interest in diversity and recruitment
- Strong inter-personal skills with the ability to manage professional service relationships on the one hand and university students on the other
- Substantial project management expertise
- Knowledge of the UK university system and have some recruitment experience
- Small business management skills in the form of financial budgeting and database management
- Strong work ethic and demonstrated ability to multi-task
- MS Office IT literacy (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and potentially Access)
- Exposure to training and development
How to apply
Please send your CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Programme Manager” in the subject line.
Closing date for applications: 11th October.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply as soon as possible. We are reviewing applications on a rolling basis.
Equal Opportunities Statement
As part of its recruitment policy, SEO London intends to ensure that no prospective or actual employee is discriminated against on the basis of race, sex, nationality, marital status, sexual orientation, employment status, class, disability, age, religious belief or political persuasion or is disadvantaged by any condition or requirement which is not demonstrably justifiable.